Thursday, April 03, 2008

ORGASM............Again

A few years back NARS saw their sales sky rocket when they came out with a blush that some marketing genius named Orgasm. It immediately drew women's attention to a nice peachy shade that many of us may have been apt to overlook. In addition this new shade was billed as one that looked good on every skin tone .
I was among the first to arrive at the NARS counter. I liked this blush so much that it became one of my few repeat purchases. When I found it out of stock at Barney's the sales person recommended a new shade, Deep Throat which I guess the over- seers at Nars hoped would ride to success on Orgasm's coattails. It's a bit more pink, which is fine but it couldn't replace its predecessor for me.
Now Orgasm is out in a new version; a stick cream form. It is a perfect fit for their multiples line of products that can be used on cheeks, lips and eyes and of course I had to try it. I wanted to love it because having dry skin I prefer a cream blush and three products in one helps cut down on how many I tote around.
The product glided on my cheeks very easily and blended well. However the consistency is light and quite sheer and required quite a bit of layering in order to achieve the right shade. It worked better on my lips but again didn't add much color. Peach has never been a good shade for my eyes and this was no exception.
Looks as if I'll be purchasing the original Orgasm.....again.
Cheers, Barb

No comments: