Monday, April 14, 2008

Butter Them Up!

My mother couldn't be described as frugal but one thing she never ever wasted was moisturizer. If the facial cream she purchased failed to work on her face she didn't consider returning or giving it away. Instead she used it on her legs which were perpetually dry. (This was back in the 1950's when few women used moisturizer below their neck) I've inherited those lizard limbs and am game to try any new product that may smooth away those scales.
There's been a lot of buzz about the benefits of shea butter. I tried it once in its pure form (beyond thick, almost solid) but found it difficult to apply over a large area. Now there are tons of products containing it. The key is finding one that lists it among the the first three ingredients. SEPHORA has come out with a cream that does just that. BODY beurre fondant super supreme body butter is as creamy and easy to spread as whipped butter. It's easily absorbed and has a pleasant scent. Many moisturizers I've tried don't have much staying power. Not so with this product. I applied it at night after showering and my skin still felt extra smooth and well moisturized in the morning. No scales in sight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...for what it's worth: the Victoria's Secret 'secret garden' line has a body butter that I like a bunch. It is floral scented, but I like that.
* : )