Monday, September 24, 2007

The Perfectly Made Up Mouth


It smiles or pouts delectably from the covers of magazines and on TV and in recent years it's been plumbed up considerably. I once read in a magazine the story of a woman who on getting up in the morning, spent her first 30 minutes outlining her lips and filling them in and lord knows what else, so that she could present her husband with a perfectly made up mouth when he awoke.

I've only recently started to ponder such things because until lately my only thought about lipstick was what shade to choose and its staying power. Now I've added creaminess to the list. My lips are always dry. Sun exposure has worsened the problem and lip balm has become my companion.

Add to the evidence that I seldom use lip liner or gloss in combination with my lipstick and you'll say that I don't deserve any better. Yes, I'm lazy that way. I can guarantee that my husband will never be presented with a perfectly made up mouth, at least not by me. So I've continued my hunt for a product that glides on with out drying out, has reasonable staying power (an entire hour and a half ballet class) SPF and a good choice of colors. And recently I found it

Revlon has come out with a new product RENEWIST Lipcolor

It feels great going on. It's patented Pro collegen Moisture Core,actually a dot of cream color that runs through the center of the lip stick, promises to boost moisture 80% while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and enhancing lip fullness over time. All this and it has an SPF of 15 too. I've been using this daily for almost a month and yes, it delivers on it's promise.

It comes in a whooping 24 shades, so you're sure to find one to please. On caveat: It's housed in a clear plastic case that you might hesitate to brandish when your friends whip out the Chanel


Cheers,
Barb

No comments: