Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Beauty on the Cheap



No I haven't sworn off Sephora or left Saks in the lurch. It's just that I have been enjoying this glorious summer in a place far from any mall or upscale store. The nearest location for me to find my beauty product fix is at Rite Aid. I've come up with some winners and now I've discovered another one, Maybelline's AGE REWIND Double Face Perfector.

This wand like product contains concealer on one end and highlighter on the other. I love the idea of two in one as it lessens the number of products I have to carry in my ballet bag, purse or when traveling.

To tell the truth I've never been a big fan of Maybelline except for their mascaras. I assumed their face products were geared to teens and twenty somethings. Then I caught the Age Rewind label in their concealer ad and reconsidered. I'm glad I did. The product which comes in a good range of shades goes on smoothly; the concealer with a sponge applicator, the highlighter with a brush. Both are virtually invisible when blended well. Don't throw the packaging away. There's a helpful diagram for applying the product on the back. They suggest using the highlighter on under eye circles,something I had avoided doing at the suggestion of one or another makeup consultant, and using the concealer for blemishes or brown spots. I found that a little of both did the best job of camouflaging those circles and that the highlighter alone on the lids was a good substitute for shadow, making AGE REWIND Face Perfector a three in one product for me!


Cheers,

Barb

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hi Barb-

My name is Stacey and I’m part of the start-up team of a new beauty website called Total Beauty. Your blog caught my attention (I like your writing style!) and I wanted to see if we could chat about ways we might collaborate in the future on the beauty blogger community that we're setting up. If you'd like more info, please contact me at stacey@TotalBeauty.com and we can chat. Thanks.
-Stacey