Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Sucker For A Sample

I'm a sucker for a sample, so when the DHC catalogue arrived with a bright pink sticker on the front announcing free samples inside, I stopped what I was doing and opened it right away.
As promised taped inside page were four samples of their reasonably priced olive oil based products.
The first one to catch my eye was the Deep Cleansing Oil. I've been using oil along with other products as a moisturizer during the winter, but this was the first time I'd seen it touted as a cleanser. Even though I'm a die hard fan of Ponds Cold Cream I gave this a try and liked it. The oil which is enriched with vitamin e is water soluble and my face felt refreshed, yet not stripped.

I'm ever on the lookout for ways to preserve my new and much improved eyes so their Concentrated Eye Cream was next on my list to checkout. This thick soothing cream is a combination of olive oil to fight dryness and horse chestnut extract. The copy is a little vague on the benefits of the latter but the combination felt great. So good that I just may purchase some when my current favorite, Benefit's Eyecon is gone

DHC is a San Francisco based mail order company whose products use all natural ingredients with olive oil appearing as the lead contender in a variety of them. I'm taking a new look at my kitchen supply. Would a vitamin capsule emptied in a little olive oil preform the same way? I may just try it and let you know.
Cheers,
Barb