Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mexoral On Board !

Well after much research I ordered my Mexoral sun protection on line from La Roche-Posy(a division of L'Oreal). Of course I felt smug about being first on the block and on the blogs to have this long lauded and hard to find product in my possession.
The day it arrived I tore open the box, unsnapped the top of the tube and spread the white cream all over my face and neck. Going on it felt like a rich moisturizer but it was completely absorbed in a matter of minutes. I put the excess on my hands and feeling virtuous and protected and still smug I went out for my power walk.
The next day I saw a Lancome ad for their new sun protection. It's called Expert and yes it contains Mexoral. It was just a regular ad not the big announcement that I would have expected given the former cult status of this product, given the fact that it took forever to be approved by the FDA and people were smuggling it in from Europe. Then this morning I got a call from my daughter, Kim."You know that sunblock you wrote about? I bought it in Eckard (a chain drug store) they even had a coupon and I got $5.00 off so it was $25.00. " Well that certainly took the wind out of my sails, seeing in that my eagerness to finally get my hands on it I paid $30. plus $5.00 shipping.
Only time will tell if it lives up to all the hype.
Cheers,
Barb

No comments: